League One Review - Oct 2nd

Last updated : 03 October 2007 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
Leyton Orient slipped to their first away defeat of the campaign in Kent against Gillingham at Priestfield. A Kent side had already established a 3-goal lead through a Graham brace (25 and 50 mins) and a strike from Cogan (67 mins), before Ibehre pulled one back in the 72nd minute. Gillingham 19th, Leyton Orient 1st.

Tranmere Rovers and Crewe Alexandra battled their way to a 1-1 draw at Prenton Park. Roberts gave the visitors a 56th minute lead, which was cancelled out by Shuker in the 65th minute. Tranmere Rovers 2nd, Crewe Alexandra 18th.

Bristol Rovers almost held out for a win at home against Southend United at The Memorial Ground. Walker gave the home side an 11th minute lead from the penalty spot. Just when it looked as if the single goal was going to be enough, Clarke popped up with a 90th minuet leveller. Bristol Rovers 12th, Southend United 3rd.

Carlisle United had their closest thing to a local derby with a trip over to Hartlepool United. Graham had given the Cumbrian side a 19th minute lead, but saw that cancelled out by Barker in the 39th minute. The lead was restored on the stroke of half time as Graham netted again. Mackay salvaged a point for the home side with an 86th minute leveller. Hartlepool United 5th, Carlisle United 4th.

Swansea City have snuck up in to a play-off place, winning 2-1 over Swindon Town at The Liberty Stadium. Anderson gave the home side a 21st minute lead, but saw that cancelled out with a Roberts equaliser. A certain Warren Feeney netted the winner 4 minutes later. Swansea City 6th, Swindon Town 9th.

Nottingham Forest are within striking range of the play-off places following a 1-1 draw with Huddersfield Town at the Galpharm Stadium. Cadamarteri put the home side ahead in the 67th minute, but then saw red a minute later as the ref booked him for a second bookable offence following a goal celebration which saw him jump in to the crowd! Commons levelled in the 75th minute to ensure a share of the points. Huddersfield Town 11th, Nottingham Forest 8th.

Brighton & Hove Albion left Dean Court with all 3-points, leaving AFC Bournemouth to lick their wounds and wondering where their first home win is going to come from. Cox fired the Seagulls in to the lead just 19 seconds after the restart, with Savage making sure of the points with a strike in the 66th minute. AFC Bournemouth 24th, Brighton & Hove Albion 10th.

Northampton Town came unstuck in SE London as Millwall ran out 2-0 winners at The New Den. Dunne (12th minute) and Robinson (31st minute) did enough to claim all 3-points for the home side. Millwall 22nd, Northampton Town 15th.

After a dodgy start to the season, Walsall have hauled themselves up to mid-table following a 3-2 win over Doncaster Rovers at the Keepmoat Stadium. Mills gave Donny a 17th minute lead, which was cancelled out by Fox in the 28th minute. Guy restored the home sides lead in the 40th minute. Bradley levelled for the Saddlers in the 66th minute with Mooney scoring the winner in the 71st minute from the penalty spot. Doncaster Rovers 16th, Walsall 13th.

Leeds United left it very late to snatch 3-points against Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park. Westlake scored the only goal of the game in the 90th minute to keep the travelling fans happy. Oldham Athletic 20th, Leeds United 14th.

Port Vale did more than enough to compound the troubles of Cheltenham Town at Vale Park, running out 3-0 winners. McGoldrick fired the home side in to a 21st minute lead. The advantage was added to by Edwards in the 78th minute and Rocastle in the 88th minute. Port Vale 21st, Cheltenham Town 23rd.