Two Review - March 14th

Last updated : 14 March 2009 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
The top-2 clashed at Griffin Park as Brentford and Wycombe Wanderers shared 6-goals in a 3-3 draw. Rhodes gave the Bees a 2nd minute lead, with Akinde levelling in the 15th minute. Hunt restored the home sides advantage in the 22nd minute, only to see Mousinho levelling for the visitors in the 40th minute. Akinde then gave the Chairboys a 49th minute lead, only to see Williams level for the League Two leaders in the 81st minute. Brentford 1st, Wycombe Wanderers 2nd.

Rochdale suffered their 4th home defeat of the season as Rotherham United maintained their near play-off form, even though they're tucked in just below mid-table. Reid and Taylor gave the Millers the advantage with goals in the 50th and 71st minute. Le Fondre pulled one back for 'Dale in the 75th minute, but it wasn't enough to salvage a point. Rochdale 3rd, Rotherham United 15th.

Honours were even at Sincil Bank as Bury had to come from behind to claim a point against Lincoln City. Wright gave the Imps a 30th minute lead, with Bishop claiming an equaliser in the 82nd minute. Lincoln City 12th, Bury 4th.

Exeter City got back to winning ways at St James's Park against Bradford City. A solitary Moxey strike in the 20th minute was enough to keep the points down in Devon. Exeter City 5th, Bradford City 8th.

Gillingham will be kicking themselves this evening, as they let a 2-goa slip against Shrewsbury Town at Priestfield. Goals from Weston (4th min) and Southall (51st min) gave the Gills a 2-goal advantage. Then up stepped Holt with a brace in the 79th min (pen) and the 90th minute to salvage a point for the Shropshire Club - their 11th draw on the road this season. Gillingham 6th, Shrewsbury Town 7th.

Dagenham & Redbridge left it very late to claim a point against Chesterfield at Saltergate. Gritton gave the Spirites a 77th minute lead, only to see Saunders level in the 93rd minute. Chesterfield 11th, Dagenham & Redbridge 9th.

Morecambe kept their play-off hopes alive with a 2-1 win over Barnet at Christie Park. Artell gave the home side a 33rd minute, with O'Flynn levelling a minute later. The scoring was complete when Curtis scored what proved to be the winner in the 38th minute. Morecambe 10th, Barnet 20th.

Cash-strapped Darlington slipped to their 7th defeat on the road as Port Vale won through 3-1 at Vale Park. Carlton gave Darlo a 13th minute lead, with Dodds levelling on the stroke of half time. After the restart, Taylor and Richards claimed the points for the home side with strikes in the 51st and 78th minutes. Port Vale 18th, Darlington 13th.

Aldershot Town returned to winning ways after a barron spell of late, with a Saturday lunch time win over Luton Town at the Recreation Ground - a result that must almost kill off any lingering hope the Hatters had of staying in the Football League. Davies gave the Shots a 15th minute lead. Craddock levelled in the 35th minute, only to see Hudson score the winner in the 49th minute. The result leaves Luton Town some 15 points adrift of safety with 10 matches left to play. Aldershot Town 14th, Luton Town 24th.

Notts County and Accrington Stanley could only muster a 1-1 draw between them at Meadow Lane. Tyan gave Stanley a 17th minute lead, only for Facey to claim a leveller in the 73rd minute. Notts County 16th, Accrington Stanley 19th.

AFC Bournemouth edged a bit further away from the drop zone with a 2-0 away win (their 4th of the season) against Macclesfield at Moss Rose. A second half brace from Bradbury in the 50th and 70th minutes was more than enough to claim the points for the Dorset side. Macclesfield 17th, AFC Bournemouth 21st.

A key relegation battled was played out at the Deva Stadium as Chester City faced Grimsby Town. Hegarty gave Town a 21st minute lead, only to see Lowe level in the 56th minute. The result doesn't do either side too many favours in the battle to stay in the Football League. Chester City 22nd, Grimsby Town 23rd.