Alternative Bid In Waiting

Last updated : 09 July 2008 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
In the event that the Mostyn Consortium fails, Alan Pither is waiting in the wings to step in to rescue the Club. In an interview with the Bournemouth Evening Echo, Pither is quoted as saying: "When I did the bid last week I left it open until Wednesday last week, then Friday, then extended it until Monday (yesterday) evening. Our offer is still there on the table and Gerald Krasner and David Hinchliffe know we're there in the background. We extended the bid until close of play on Monday (yesterday). But we're there in the wings should it all fall apart. We'll be watching, very much so, with interest what's going on. We're still interested. The cash is still being held with our solicitor and, should it fall apart in the next few weeks, we're there to step in".