Cohen Waiting In The Wings?

Last updated : 05 April 2008 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
In a report in the Bournemouth Evening Echo, it is speculated that the ex-Club President could be considering a second bid for AFC Bournemouth.

Having had a bid rejected back in February, Cohen is now quoted as saying: "There was four of us all together but I haven't been back to my other investors. I don't think I'll be bidding, it's a very remote chance. I'm sitting on the fence to watch what's going on, then I'll consider it. I haven't bothered to ask my consortium again, I don't know whether to ask or not".

Club Administrator, Gerlad Krasner, confirmed that he had not heard from Cohen since discussions in February, and said during Thursday's press conference that: "Mr Cohen has not spoken to me since our interesting meeting here some weeks ago. I'm told that he's coming to the meeting on Monday. Whether it's to vote, ask questions or to bring another cheque with him we'll wait and see. Hopefully he'll bring a cheque with him. We don't need a confidentiality agreement this time, we're too far down the road for that".