League One Results Round Up (Oct 31)

Last updated : 02 November 2004 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

After 3 straight defeats, Luton Town bounced back with an emphatic 4-0 win over Bradford City at Kenilworth Road. Goals from Brkovic (14 & 69), Howard (33) and Underwood (37) sealed the 3-points as well as consolidate Luton's lead at the top of League One. Luton Town 1st, Bradford City 4th.

Tranmere Rovers took advantage of the top teams slipping up as they won by a single Sharps goal on 63 minutes against Brentford. Tranmere Rovers 2nd, Brentford 6th.

Hull City could only draw (2-2) at struggling Wrexham at The Racecourse ground. Llewellyn (13) and Ferguson (29) got the home side off to a flying start, but were pegged back by Cort before the break (36) and then by Facey 10 minutes after the re start. Wrexham 14th, Hull City 3rd.

All of which at the top helped AFC Bournemouth maintain 5th place after Barnsley headed south to nick the points. AFCB 5th, Barnsley 17th.

Of the chasing pack trying to reach the play-off positions, Swindon Town will be kicking themselves as they were held 3-3 by Torquay United. Even with Torquay United taking a 16th minute lead through Constantine, the home side levelled through Parkin on 27 minutes, and then took the lead through Igoe (32) and made it 3-1 from a Howard strike just before the break (36 mins). But it would seem that Torquay are made of sterner stuff at the moment as an Akinfenwa brace (66 & 84) secured a valuable point for the Gulls. Swindon Town 7th, Torquay United 23rd.

On a day of mainly draws in League One, Huddersfield Town could fair no better away to Blackpool, drawing 1-1. The visitors took the lead through Booth on 15, only to see Murphy level for the home side 6 minutes after the re start.

and Sheffield Wednesday draw 2-2 at Hillsborough, with 3 goals coming in the opening quarter of an hour. Proudlock opened the scoring for Wednesday on 9 minutes, only to see Blatherwick level matters on 13. MacLean then regained Wednesday’s lead 2 minutes later to complete a hectic opening 15 minutes. Chesterfield had the last laugh 10 minutes after the break as Clingam secured a point on 55 minutes. Chesterfield 9th, Sheff Wed 15th.

Hartlepool United
were only of the few to win on Saturday, their opponents being Port Vale. Vale went down to a single goal on 24 minutes from Williams. Hartlepool 10th, Port Vale 16th.

Doncaster Rovers
maintained their mid-table position with a hard fought, and late winner against Peterborough United. McIndoe opened the scoring for the home side on just 4 minutes, before Platt levelled for the Posh just before the half hour mark. Rovers left it late to secure the three points as Green made the home fans wait until the 87th minute to secure the 3 points. Rovers 11th, United 19th.

In a battle between 2 of last seasons relegated sides, Franchise FC and Walsall drew 1-1 at the National Hockey Stadium. Darren Wrack opened for Walsall on 13, before Kamara levelled for the home side on 36 minutes. Walsall 18th, Franchise Holders 22nd.

Stockport County
continue to struggle at the foot of League One. This time they went down 1-2 at home to Oldham Athletic, which was the first away win of the season for the Latics. A Wilbraham brace (13 & 39) fired Oldham in to a 2-goal advantage before Bridge-Wilkinson netted what proved to be a consolation 2 minutes before half time. Stockport County 24th, Oldham Athletic 20th.

Bristol City
and Colchester United drew a blank against each other at Ashton Gate. City 12th, United 13th.