League One Results Round Up (September 13)

Last updated : 13 September 2004 By Andy Burton
Luton Town continue to set the pace at the top of League One, as they maintained their 100% home record. This time their victimes were Chesterfield. The only goal of the game came a few minutes after halftime as Vine netted on 49 minutes.

Hull City managed to overcome bottom club Blackpool, winning 2-1 at the KC Stadium in front of an impressive 15568 fans. Goals from Green (14) and Elliott (57), his 5th of the season, secured the points inspite of Taylor netting for the seasiders.

Huddersfield Town visited the Potteries (Port Vale) and simply ran riot over their hosts, winning 3-0 in the process. All three goals coming from Pawel Abbott on 62, 67 and 75 minutes. Huddersfield boss, Peter Jackson is tipping Abbott the 21-year old for a glittering career at the highest level.

Troubled Wrexham managed a single goal victory against Bradford City. Lawrence scoring after just 2 minutes, to secure the points at the Racecourse Ground, which hoisted them to the giddy heights of 7th.

Doncaster Rovers travelled to Franchise FC and came away with the points through a Albrighton goal mid way through the second half.

Brentford collected their away point of the season in Devon, drawing 2-2 against Torquay United. Torquay had already taken a 2-0 lead through Wardley (38 & 48 mins), before the visitors hit back through Hargreaves and Sodje (69 & 77 mins respectively), leaving Brentford in 9th, and Torquesy in 21st.

Barnsley and Tranmere Rovers drew a blank at Oakwell.

Swindon Town were surprise loosers at home to Peterborough United, loosing to a Jenkins goal on 34 minutes.

Sheffield Wednesday headed south to the West Midlands to draw against Walsall 1-1. Whelan put the Yorkshire men in front on 16 minutes, but Standing equalised before the break (39 mins) to take a share of the points.

Hartlepool United came south to Lancashire and Oldham to fight over 5 goals. The home side being victorious 3-2. The scoring didn't start until just before the break as Eyres netted on 43 mins. The lead was extended on the hour through Betsy. Pool hit back through Westwood to give themselves a lifeline, but the 2-goal advantage was restored through Johnson on 82 minutes. Another lifeline was gifted to the visitors through an 'og' on 90 minutes, but it was all too late by that time.

The result of the day goes to Bristol City who ran riot over hapless Stockport County 5-0 at Ashton Gate. Tinnion started the ball rolling on 11 minutes, but was quickly followed by Roberts (24) and Lita (31) to secure a 3-0 half time lead. Further goals from Heffernan (79) and Lita (80) put the result beyond doubt and helped to lift City in to mid-table after a disappointing start to the season for them.