League One Results Round Up (September 20)

Last updated : 20 September 2004 By Andy Burton
Luton Town continued their charge towards the Coca Cola Championship with a convincing 3-1 away win against hapless Stockport County at Edgeley Park. Ex Cherry, Steve Robinson, Vine and Brkovic sent the Hatters in to a3-0 lead before Lambert netted an 80th minute consolation.

Hull City leapt up to second with a hard fought 3-2 away win against Peterborough United at London Road. Despite Willock scoring after just 2 minutes for the home side, City then netted through Elliott on 22 minutes, with Cort netting 8 minutes after the break. Elliott secured his second, and the points, on 65 minutes before Clarke scored in injury time to set up a nail biting few moments in injury time.

Chesterfield piled on the pressure for Paul Merson's Walsall at Saltergate, winning 1-0 from a 21 minute Hudson strike. The result sees Chesterfield move up to 3rd.

Much fancied Tranmere Rovers draw 1-1 with Wrexham. The visitors took the lead through Armstrong on 38 minutes, before Roberts netted just before the hour mark to secure a share of the points.

Brentford continued their 100% home record with a 1-0 win over Port Vale at Griffin Park. The only goal coming in the 25th minute through a Salako penalty.

Colchester United may have beaten AFCB at Dean Court a week ago, but they couldn't capitalise on their won ground, as they gave the MK Dons their first away win of the new season. The visitors only needed a single goal (McLeod just before the break) to secure the much needed points for the strugglers.

Hartlepool United took Torquay United to the cleaners, running out 4-1 winners. Despite being level 1-1 at half time (Porter, 6 and Gritton, 10 respectively). The home side proved to be too strong for Torquay as Sweeney (64), Tinkler (73) and Humphreys (83) made the points safe for the home side.

Doncaster Rovers and Oldham Athletic cancelled each other out just before the break as McIndoe (39) and Johnson (45), ensured a share of the spoils at Belle Vue.

Huddersfield Town may have won 3-0 last time out, but against local rivals Barnsley, they suffered a 2-0 reverse at home. Conlon (10) and a Mirfin own goal saw the points go back to Oakwell.

Blackpool continue to prop everyone else up as they could only manage a 1-1 draw against Swindon Town. Taylor did give them the lead just after the half hour, but they couldn't hold out for their first win as Henderson equalised with 21 minutes to go.

The only other game in League One saw cash strapped Bradford City run riot over Bristol City and notched up an impressive 4-1 home win. Schumacher (30), Roberts (38), Wetherall (61) and Adebola (80) had already put the home side in to a 4-goal lead before Murray scored a consolation for the visitors.