League One Review - April 25th

Last updated : 25 April 2011 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

Brighton & Hove Albion seem to have taken their foot off the pedal now they've secured their place in the second tier for next season. They managed to drop points at the Community Stadium, home of Colchester United in a 1-1 draw. Henderson gave the Essex side the lead in the 16th minute, with Barnes levelling in the 72nd minute. Colchester United 12th, Brighton & Hove Albion 1st.

South Coast Club managed to ease their way past Hartlepool United with a 2-0 win at St Mary's Road. Lambert scored from the penalty spot in the 50th minute, with Fonte securing the win with 8 minutes to go, which keeps the Hampshire side on course for automatic promotion. South Coast Club 2nd, Hartlepool United 15th.

Huddersfield Town managed to edge their way past relegation threatened Dagenham & Redbridge at the Galpharm Stadium with a 2-1 win. Rhodes netted a brace in the 9th and 32nd minutes, with Vindelot netting for the Daggers in the 28th minute. Huddersfield Town 3rd, Dagenham & Redbridge 21st.

Peterborough United dropped more points with a 2-2 draw against Yeovil Town, at London Road, as their promotion push is stuttering. Wotton gave the Glovers the lead in the 23rd from the penalty spot. Langmead levelled for the Posh in the 87th minute, only to see Tutte fire the visitors ahead from the re-start. Mackail-Smith levelled for the Posh to secure a point in the 89th minute. Peterborough United 4th, Yeovil Town 18th.

Franchise FC could be in danger of dropping of the play-offs following a 1-0 defeat against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park. Walton kept the Devon sides survival hopes alive with the only goal in the 21st minute. Plymouth Argyle 23rd, Franchise FC 5th.

AFC Bournemouth left it very late to salvage a win against battling Bristol Rovers at Dean Court. Brown gave the Pirates the lead in the 4th minute, only to see the points snatched away when Baudry levelled in the 84th minute, and Cherries legend Fletcher score the winner with 2 minutes left on the watch. AFC Bournemouth 6th, Bristol Rovers 22nd.

Leyton Orient are the only other side left chasing a play-off place following a 1-0 win over Carlisle United at Brunton Park. Tehoue scored the only goal of the game in the 36th minute. Carlisle United 11th, Leyton Orient 7th.

Rochdale are effectively out of the race for the play-offs, barring a mathematical miracle following a 3-1 defeat at the Valley against Charlton Athletic. Racon gave the Addicks the lead in the 31st minute, with Holness levelling for Dale in the 51st minute. Parrett restored the home sides' advantage a minute later, leaving Eccleston to put the result beyond doubt in the 76th minute. Charlton Athletic 13th, Rochdale 8th.

Exeter City were also dumped out of the race for the play-offs, barring an even bigger set of fluke results, following a 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Tranmere Rovers, who made themselves safe at Prenton Park. Kay (44th min), Akins (67th & 90th mins) and Showumni (71st min) made sure of Rovers' League One status for next season. Tranmere Rovers 17th, Exeter City 9th.

Brentford and Notts County cancelled themselves out at Meadow Lane with a 1-1 draw. Hughes gave County the lead in the 82nd minute, from the penalty spot, with Schlupp levelling in the 95th minute, also from the penalty spot. Notts County 19th, Brentford 10th.

Swindon Town have (finally) been put out of their misery, being relegated to League Two after a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough. Potter (17th min) and Mellor (28th min) gave the Owls a 2-goal lead before Douglas netted for the visitors in the 43rd minute. Town's fate was sealed when Mellor netted again from the 53rd minute. Sheffield Wednesday 14th, Swindon Town 24th.

Walsall still have work to do to avoid the drop only being able to claim a point against Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park. Williams gave the Saddlers the lead in the 58th minute only to see a win snatched away when Lowe levelled with 2 minutes to go. Oldham Athletic 16th, Walsall 20th.