League One Review - Aug 27th

Last updated : 28 August 2011 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

Franchise FC still lead the way, just, as they managed to edge Stevenage Borough out at Stadium:Franchise by a single MacDonald goal in the 51st minute. Franchise FC 1st, Stevenage Borough 14th.

Charlton Athletic had to come from behind to beat Bury at Gigg Lane after Lowe gave the home side a 40th minute lead. Hayes levelled in the 49th minute, with Jackson scoring the winner in the 92nd minute. Bury 13th, Charlton Athletic 2nd.

Sheffield United just edged Yeovil Town out by a single goal at Huish Park as Porter delivered the winner in the 41st minute. Yeovil Town 18th, Sheffield United 3rd.

Preston North End managed to see Notts County off at Deepdale, but left it late to do so as the points were only secured when McLean (83rd min) and Turner (86th min) eventually managed to break County resistance. Preston North End 4th, Notts County 15th.

Tranmere Rovers managed to see off play-off rivals, Brentford at Griffin Park as the Wirral side managed to claim a 2-0 win. Weir (28th min) and Robinson (46th min) secured the points. Brentford 7th, Tranmere Rovers 5th.

From a poor start to the season, Carlisle United are now up in the top-6 following a 2-1 win over Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road, even though Smith gave the east Londoners hope of a point in the 53rd minute. Any thoughts of the O's claiming their first point of the season were snuffed out when Miller netted a brace in the 68th and 87th minutes. Leyton Orient 24th, Carlisle United 6th.

The Huddersfield Town band wagon seems to be up and running again after a 3-0 demolition of Wycombe Wanderers at the Galpharm. A brace from Lee in the 57th and 71st minutes was added to by Roberts in the 82nd minute. Huddersfield Town 8th, Wycombe Wanderers 17th.

Sheffield Wednesday managed to hold on to 3-points against Scunthorpe United at Hillsborough as Scunny fought back from a 2-0 deficit. madine and Marshall (5th and 17th mins) have the Owls a 2-goal lead with Grant pulling one back in the 67th minute. Madine netted his 2nd in the 70th minute, with Duffy setting up a nervy last 5 minutes, but a leveller was not to be. Sheffield Wednesday 9th, Scunthorpe United 20th.

Walsall managed to walk away with an easy 2-0 win over AFC Bournemouth at Dean Court. A Jarvis brace (15th min pen & 55th mins) was more than enough to seal the points. AFC Bournemouth 21st, Walsall 10th.

Colchester United managed to secure the biggest win in League One with a 4-1 victory over Oldham Athletic. Wordsworth gave the Essex side the perfect start with a 1st minute strike. Reid levelled for the Latics from the penalty spot in the 37th minute. Wordsworth netted his second just before the break, with Henderson making it 3-1 immediately after the break. Heath made sure the result in the 56th minute. Colchester United 11th, Oldham Athletic 16th.

Hartlepool United made light work of Rochdale at Spotland as they walked off with a 3-1 win over their hosts. Boyd have 'Pool a 7th minute lead, with Akpa Akpro levelling 9 minutes later. Game over in the second period with Poole netting a brace in the 47th and 87th minute. Rochdale 22nd, Hartlepool United 12th.

Exeter City managed to arrest their recent slump with a 2-1 win over League One new boys Chesterfield at St James's Park. Archibald-Henville gave the Grecians the lead in the 16th minute, with Whitaker levelling in the 33rd minute. Nicholls made sure of the points with an 82nd minute strike. Exeter City 19th, Chesterfield 23rd.