League One Review - Feb 20th

Last updated : 20 February 2011 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

League OneAFC Bournemouth and Huddersfield Town cancelled each other out at Dean Court after a 1-1 draw. Symes gave the Cherries the lead in the 74th minute, only see Cadamarteri level in the 89th minute. AFC Bournemouth 2nd, Huddersfield Town 3rd.

Peterborough United esaed their way past Tranmere Rovers at London Road. Welsh gave the Wirral side the lead in the 24th minute. McCann levelled in the 53rd minute, with Showumni scoring an own goal in the 70th minute. Peterborough United 4th, Tranmere Rovers 15th.

Franchise FC eased past Hartlepool United at the Victoria Ground with a single goal victory with Powell scoring the only goal of the game on the stroke of half time. Hartlepool United 14th, Franchise FC 6th.

Charlton Athletic suffered a surprise defeat at home to Exeter City as the Grecians won 3-1 in SE London. Sercombe put the Devon side in the 64th minute. The advantage was extended in the O'Flynn in the 77th minute, and a Harley penalty in the 84th minute. Wright-Phillips netted a consolation in the 86th minute. Charlton Athletic 7th, Exeter City 13th.

Bristol Rovers boosted their chances of survival with a surprise 1-0 over Oldham Athletic The Memorial Ground. Howe netted the only goal of the game in the 73rd minute. Bristol Rovers 24th, Oldham Athletic 8th.

Walsall were denied the opportunity to climb out of the League One drop zone following a 2-0 defeat to Colchester United at their Community Stadium. GOals from Perkins (18th min) and a penalty from Mooney (56th min) was enought o ensure that the points remained in Essex. Colchester United 10th, Walsall 22nd.

Swindon Town continue to struggle at the wrong end of the table. The latest set back came at the County Ground against Carlisle United as Berrett scored the only goal of the game in the 29th minute. Swindon Town 21st, Carlisle United 12th.

The only other scheduled League One match was postponed between Rochdale (9th) and South Coast Club (5th), due to a waterlogged pitch.

The FA CupFour clubs were representing League One in the FA Cup this weekend.

Brighton & Hove Albion were dumped out by Premiership Stoke City at The Britannia Stadium. Carew (14th min), Walters (22nd min) and Shawcross (43rd) did the damage to prevent the Sussex side from progressing.

Leyton Orient have a foot in the next round, even though their chances of getting there might be considered slim after they held Arsenal at Brisbane Road. Rosicky gave the Gunners the lead in the 535rd minute, with the League One side levelling through Tehoue with a minute to spare to set up a money spinning replay.

Sheffield Wednesday were dumped out of the Cup by Birmingham City at St Andrews. Beausejour (6th min), Martins (17th min) and Murphy (53rd min) did enough to claim their place in the quarter final draw.

Notts County were soundly beaten by Manchester City at the City Of Manchester Sadium as City ran off with a 5-0 win. Goals from Vieira (37th & 58th mins), Tevez (84th min), Dzeko (89th min), Richards (91st min) were more than enough to seal the win.