League One Review - Feb 22nd

Last updated : 23 February 2011 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

Brighton & Hove Albion continued with their push for the League One title with a comfortable 4-0 win over Plymouth Argyle at Withdean. It wasn't a good night for the Devon side, who had 10-points deducted on Monday as a Murray brace (28th & 48th mins), with goals from Wood (41st min) and Sandaza (93rd min) compounded the Pilgrims plight. Brighton & Hove Albion 1st, Plymouth Argyle 24th.

AFC Bournemouth (2nd) failed to keep pace with the leaders as they drew 0-0 with Sheffield Wednesday (16th) at Dean Court.

Huddersfield Town were held by struggling Dagenham & Redbridge at Victoria Road. Clarke gave the Yorkshire side the lead in the 28th minute, only to see Green level from the penalty spot in the 59th minute. Dagenham & Redbridge 23rd, Huddersfield Town 3rd.

Carlisle United and Exeter City shared the spoils following a 2-2 draw at Brunton Park. Curran gave the Cumbrians the lead in the 9th minute only to see Harley net a brace in the 13th and 27th minutes to give the Devon side the lead. Zoko scored the leveller just before the break, which was not broken during the second period. Carlisle United 12th, Exeter City 13th.

Brentford managed to see off improved Tranmere Rovers at Griffin Park, as the home side edged their visitors with a 2-1 win. MacDonald gave the Bees the lead in the 2nd minute, only to see Labadie level in the 65th minute. The win was assured when Legge snatched a 91st minute winner. Brentford 15th, Tranmere Rovers 17th.

Hartlepool United (14th) held South Coast Club (5th) to a 0-0 draw at the Victoria Ground.

Franchise FC (6th) were also held at home to a 0-0 draw, theirs coming against Oldham Athletic (8th).

On a night of draws, Peterborough United were restricted to a single goal as they drew 1-1 with Colchester United at London Road. Boyd gave Posh the lead in the 6th minute, with Henderson levelling 11 minutes later. Peterborough United 4th, Colchester United 9th.