League One Review - Feb 5th

Last updated : 05 February 2011 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

Brighton & Hove Albion re-established a 3-point lead at the top of the table following a 4-2 win over struggling Bristol Rovers at The Memorial Gound, even though Hoskins gave the Pirates the lead in the 2nd minute. Barnes levelled for the Seagulls 7 minutes before the break. Goals from Bennett (52nd min), a Bolger own goal (73rd min) and Murray (79th min) more or less wrapped up the points, leaving Hoskins to net a further consolation with 4 minutes left on the clock. Bristol Rovers 23rd, Brighton & Hove Albion 1st.

AFC Bournemouth were pegged back by Leyton Orient at Dean Court after Symes gave the Cherries the lead in the 39th minute. Cox levelled in the 90th minute to ensure a share of the points. AFC Bournemouth 2nd, Leyton Orient 16th.

Huddersfield Town stormed their way to a fine 4-1 away win over Exeter City at St James' Park. Cadamateri (55th min), Roberts (67th min), Pilkington (81st min) and Kilbane (88th min) left the Grecians to wonder what was going on before Nardiello netted a consolation in the 93rd minute. Exeter City 15th, Huddersfield Town 3rd.

South Coast Club dropped points on their travels, this time against Peterborough United at London Road. Chaplow (18th min) and Lambert (31st min pen) gave the Hampshire side a 2-goal lead, only to see Mackai-Smith (39th min) and Whelpdale (45th min) level before the break. Lambert restored the advantage, again from the penalty spot in the 47th minute, with Hammond adding to the Saints score line 3 minutes later. The Posh were not about to roll over as McCann netted the third penalty of the game in the 55th minute, with Tomlin netting the 4th penalty of the game in the 93rd minute leaving the score line at 4-4! Peterborough United 8th, South Coast Club 4th.

Charlton Athletic squeezed past Yeovil Town at Huish Park as Wright-Phillips netted the only goal of the game in the 63rd minute. Yeovil Town 17th, Charlton Athletic 5th.

Oldham Athletic were pegged back by Dagenham & Redbridge at Boundary Park as the points were shared in a 1-1 draw. Stephens gave the Latics the lead in the 50th minute, only to see Vindelot level in the 73d minute. Oldham Athletic 6th, Dagenham & Redbridge 24th.

Franchise FC had to be content with a share of the spoils against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough. Leven (pen 18th min) and Powell (27th min) have the Franchise holders a 2-goal lead at the break, only to see Mellor (69th min) and Morrison (83 mins) ensure that the points were shared. Sheffield Wednesday 12th, Franchise FC 7th.

Rochdale are back within touching distance of the play-offs, but also had to be content with a share of the spoils against Swindon Town at The County Ground. Dawson gave Dale the lead in the 81st minute, only to see Benyon level in the 92nd minute. Swindon Town 20th, Rochdale 9th.

Hartlepool United overcame Colchester United in a mid-table clash at Victoria Park. Sweeney scored the only goal of the game in the 88th minute. Hartlepool United 11th, Colchester United 10th.

Walsall enhanced their chances of staying in League One with a 3-1 win over Carlisle United at Brunton Park. Gill (37th min), Gray (59th & 73rd mins) set the win up, with Murphy scoring a consolation for the home side in the 91st minute. Carlisle United 13th, Walsall 22nd.

Brentford managed to record their 5th home win of the season with a 2-0 success over Plymouth Argyle at Griffin Park. A brace from Weston in the 35th and 56th minutes was enough to collect 3-points. Brentford 14th, Plymouth Argyle 18th.

The game between Tranmere Rovers (21st) and Notts County (19th) was abandoned in the 53rd minute because of a waterlogged pitch with the score at 1-0 in favour of the visitors. Gow had given County the lead in the 28th minute.