League One Review - Jan 3rd

Last updated : 03 January 2011 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

Brighton & Hove Albion left it late to snatch victory against Exeter City at St James's Park, edging the Devon side in a 2-1 win. Logan had given the Grecians an 8th minute lead, only to see Muray equalise in the 64th minute and Barnes snatching the winner in the 90th minute. Exeter City 14th, Brighton & Hove Albion 1st.

South Coast Club managed to ease their way past Dagenham & Redbridge at Victoria Road with a 3-1 win. Lallana gave the Saints the lead just after half time, with Guly extending the lead in the 75th minute. The Daggers gave themselves a life line in the 84th minute through Scott, but any hopes of snatching a draw was snuffed out when Lambert put the result beyond doubt in the 91st minute. Dagenham & Redbridge 23rd, South Coast Club 2nd.

AFC Bournemouth eased their way past Brentford at Dean Court - putting a stop to a 5 match winning streak on the road for the Bees. Feeney gave the Cherries the lead in the 11th minute, which was cancelled out by a Bradbury own goal in the 65th minute. Bartley restored the Cherries lead in the 70th minute, leaving Fletcher to secure the win in the 88th minute. AFC Bournemouth 3rd, Brentford 10th.

Yorkshire bragging rights went to Huddersfield Town in their local derby against Sheffield Wednesday at the Galpharm Stadium. Pilkington scored the only goal of the game in the 27th minute. Huddersfield Town 4th, Sheffield Wednesday 6th.

Charlton Athletic were well and truely undone in the evening kick off against Swindon Town at The Valley, being on the end of a 4-2 defeat. Jackson gave the home side the lead in the 22nd minute, only to see Ritchie level matters just before the break. An Austin brace (56th and 81st minutes) with Morrison scoring in the 77th minute, put the result beyond doubt, leaving Abbott to score a consolation with 3 minutes to go. Charlton Athletic 5th, Swindon Town 17th.

After an inconsistent period, Peterborough United thumped lowly Walsall at London Road, notching up a fine 4-1 win, even though the Posh went bahind in the 10th minute through a goal from Nicholls. Mackail-Smith netted a brace in the 36th and 71st minutes, which was added to with goals from Mendez-Laing (81st min) and Bennett (94th min). Peterborough United 7th, Walsall 24th.

Hartlepool United came back down to earth with a bump after their recent fine form, slipping to a 3-0 defeat against Notts County at Meadow Lane. Ince (44th min), Miller (70th min) and Westcarr (79th min) swept United aside. Notts County 13th, Hartlepool United 8th.

Yeovil Town boosted their survival chances at the foot of League One with a 1-0 win over Franchise FC at Huish Park. Huntingdon scored the only goal of the game in the 11th minute to leave the Somerset side 5 points adrift of safety. Yeovil Town 22nd, Franchise FC 9th.

Having shared 6-goals on New Years Day, Colchester United again shared 6-goals, this time unevenly against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road. Smith (41st min) and Revell (49th min) gave the O's a 2-goal lead either side of half time, with Wordsworth reducing the arrears in the 69th minute. M'Poku restored the 2-goal cushion in the 75th minute, with Henderson reducing the arrears agian 6 minutes later. The result was made safe for the home side when Tehoue netted iwht 4 minutes to go. Leyton Orient 18th, Colchester United 11th.

The Lancashire derby between Oldham Athletic and Rochdale at Boundary Park saw local bragging rights go to the Spotland Club. O'Grady gave Dale a 2-goal cushion with a brace in the 64th and 76th minutes. Furman pulled one back for the Latics with 3 minutes to go, but it wasn't enough to salvage a point. Oldham Athletic 12th, Rochdale 16th.

Carlisle United seem to be slipping the wrong way at the moment, having been up in the play-off places a few weeks ago. Their trip to Brunton Park to face Tranmere Rovers went the way of the home side. Goodison gave Rovers the lead in the 39th minute, with Berrett levelling in the 78th minute. Just when it seemed that the game was heading for a draw, Moore popped with the winner in the 80th minute. Tranmere Rovers 20th, Carlisle United 15th.

The game involving Bristol Rovers (21st) and Plymouth Argyle (19th) is due to be palayed on January 4th, ko at 1945