League One Review - Oct 14th UPDATED

Last updated : 15 October 2007 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
AFC Bournemouth like a team doomed to relegation, even at this early stage of the season. Without a home League win so far this season, they easily succumbed to Swansea City who went to the top of League One with a comfortable 4-1 win over the Cherries at Dean Court. Bodde fired the Swans ahead in thw 15th minute with a neatly taken free kick, which was added to in the 28th minute when Lawrence headed home from close range. Bradbury converted a 31st minute penalty for the home side who then looked on in agony as ex-Cherry Feeney converted an 83rd minute penalty and then netted again 5 minutes later to complete the rout. AFC Bournemouth 24th, Swansea City 1st.

Leeds United gave up their 100% winning start to their home campaign with a 1-1 draw against Leyton Orient at Elland Road. Thornton put the visitors ahead in the 9th minute only to see Carole level in the 55th minute. All 3-points could have been taken if Kandol hadn't of blasted a penalty over the cross bar or the effort from Boyd which clearly crossed the line, but not given. Leeds United 12th, Leyton Orient 3rd.

Nottingham Forest ran riot over Cheltenham Town at Whaddon Road, running out comfortable 3-0 winners. Commons netted a hat-trick with goals in the 11th, 45th and 66th minute. Cheltenham Town 22nd, Nottingham Forest 4th.

Southend United also notched up a comfortable 3-0 win which came at the expense of Crewe Alexandra at Roots Hall. Bailey gave the home side a 17th minute lead, which was added to by Hooper in the 63rd minute and a penalty from Clarke in the 82nd minute. Southend United 5th, Crewe Alexandra 20th.

Carlisle United slipped up on their travels for the 2nd time this season against Yeovil Town at Huish Park. Hackney had given the Cumbrian side a 49th minute lead, but saw his strike cancelled out in the 54th minute by Owusu. The winner came 11 minute later from Jones. Yeovil Town 9th, Carlisle United 6th.

Hartlepool United notched up a single goal win over Bristol Rovers at the Victoria Ground with Brown scoring the winner in the 39th minute. Hartlepool United 7th, Bristol Rovers 17th.

Brighton & Hove Albion recorded their 2nd away win of the campaign against struggling Port Vale at Vale Park. Revell scored the only goal of the game in the 64th minute. Port Vale 23rd, Brighton & Hove Albion 8th.

Doncaster Rovers climbed up to mid-table with a 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town at the Keepmoat Stadium. Stock put the home side ahead in the 13th minute, with Wilson getting the 2nd in the 65th minute. Doncaster Rovers 13th, Huddersfield Town 16th.

Luton Town soundly saw off Northampton Town in the Monday night live match on Sky Sports. Currie got Luton off to a flying start at Kenilworth Road with a 4th minute strike. Bradley Johnson levelled for the visitors in the 23rd minute, but that was as good as it got for Northampton. A Spring, penalty 4 minutes after the restart, was added to with strikes from Furlong in the 62nd minute and another penalty conversion from Spring in the final few seconds of the match to round off a miserable evening for the Cobblers. Luton Town 14th, Northampton Town 15th.

Managerless Millwall climbed off the bottom of League One with a hard earned draw at Priestfield against Gillingham. The home side went ahead in the 16th minute through Dickson. The Londoners levelled through Dunne in the 61st minute. Gillingham 18th, Millwall 21st.

The only other game played over the weekend saw Tranmere Rovers draw 0-0 with Walsall at Prenton Park. Tranmere Rovers 2nd, Walsall 11th.

Oldham Athletic (19th) had their game with Swindon Town (10th) called off.