League One Review - Sept 15th UPDATED

Last updated : 16 September 2007 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
Leyton Orient maitained their winning start to the season by claiming a single-goal victory over Yeovil Town at Huish. Boyd scored the only goal of the game in the 57th minute. Yeovil Town 5th, Leyton Orient 1st.

Tranmere Rovers had claimed top spot on Friday evening following a 2-1 win over Luton Town at Prenton Park. Furlong had given the visitors a 5th minute lead and were looking good for the win until Curran (83 mins) and Kay (86 mins) snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Tranmere Rovers 2nd, Luton Town 17th.

Hartlepool United were forced to share the points on their own patch for the first time this season when Swindon Town managed to wrench a point out of the north east side. McGovern gave the Wiltshire side a 31st minute lead, but had to settle for a point when Porter levelled in the 68th minute. Hartlepool United 3rd, Swindon Town 12th.

Carlisle United suffered their first defeat on the road as Swansea City chalked up their first home win! A Graham penalty in the 48th minute gave the visitors a boost after the break. But late strikes from Duffy in the 81st minute, and Anderson in the 83rd gave the Welsh side the points. Swansea City 11th, Carlisle United 4th.

Brighton & Hove Albion maintained their 100% start away from home with a 1-0 defeat at Priestfield against Gillingham. The only goal of the game came in the 82nd minute from Facey. Gillingham 18th, Brighton & Hove Albion 6th.

Southend United claimed their first away win of the season at struggling Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park. A Clarke goal in the 28th minute was enough to seal victory. The Shrimpers also saw Richards sent off on the stroke of half time. Oldham Athletic 24th, Southend United 7th.

Bristol Rovers saw their unbeaten home run come to an end on Friday evening as Leeds United maintained their 100% winning start to the new season. Beckford (9 and 90 mins) and Kandol (77 mins) claimed the goals in a 3-0 win at The Memorial Ground. Bristol Rovers 8th, Leeds United 23rd.

Huddersfield Town slipped to their second home defeat of the season at the Galpharm Stadium as Cheltenham Town claimed their first win on the road. Kamara got the home side off to a good start in the 48th minute, but Spencer (62 and 78 mins) and Finnigan (83 mins) got the visitors back in to the game. Keogh scored a last minute consolation. Huddersfield Town 9th, Cheltenham Town 13th.

Crewe Alexandra slipped up on their travels on Sunday afternoon against Doncaster Rovers at the Keepmoat Stadium. Heffernan gave the home side a 31st minute lead, which was followed after the break by a Woodwards own goal in the 48th minute. This was Donny's first home win of the season. Doncaster Rovers 14th, Crewe Alexandra 10th.

Nottingham Forest have finally claimed their first win of the season at Vale Park against Port Vale. An Edwards own goal in the 3rd minute and a Chambers goal in the 86th minute was enough to claim 3-points. Port Vale 20th, Nottingham Forest 15th.

AFC Bournemouth missed out on their first win of the season at Dean Court against Northampton Town. An Anderton strike in the 34th minute gave the Cherries a 34th minute lead, but were pegged back in the 78th minute by a Larkin 20-yard volley. AFC Bournemouth 19th, Northampton Town 16th.

Walsall claimed their first League of the new season as they heaped misery on Millwall. Fox gave the Sadllers the lead in the 42nd minute. Frampton levelled in the 83rd minute, but Deeney gave the West Midland side the victory in the 86th minute. Millwall 22nd, Walsall 20th.