Two Review - August 16th

Last updated : 17 August 2008 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
Dagenham & Redbridge maintained their 100% start to the season with a 3-1 away win over Lincoln City at Sincil Bank. John-Lewis gave City an 18th minute lead, with the Daggers hitting back after the break with goals from Strevens (67th and 79th minutes) and Benson in the final few seconds of the game. Lincoln City 18th, Dagenham & Redbridge 1st.

Shrewsbury Town secured a single goal win over League new boys, Exeter City at St James's Park. Murray scored the only goal of the game in the 71st minute. Exeter City 13th, Shrewsbury Town 2nd.

Bradford City secured their 2nd league win of the campaign with a 2-0 victory over Macclesfield at Moss Rose. Thorne struck twice in the 10th and 14th minutes to secure the points. Macclesfield 20th, Bradford City 3rd.

Bury effectively wrapped up their 3-1 win away at Chesterfield before half time. Futcher (4th min), Sodje (27th min), Morrell (40th min) gave the Shakers a 3-goal advantage before the break. Kerry netted the home sides' consolation in the 53rd minute. Chesterfield 10th, Bury 4th.

Rochdale got their home campaign off to a good start with a convincing 3-1 win against Barnet at Spotland, despite going behind to an early goal. Birchall gave the Londoners a 3rd minute lead, before Rundle (39th min), Dagnall (45th min) gave the home side the advantage going in at the break. Shaw wrapped up the win with a 72nd minute goal. Rochdale 5th, Barnet 19th.

Wycombe Wanderers round off a miserable week for Chester City at the Deva Stadium with a 2-0 away win, leaving the home side to nurse the fact that they have conceded 13 goals in their first 3 games! Mousinho gave the visitors a 26th minute lead, with McGleish rounding things off nicely with a 67th minute penalty. On this form, Chester City will not be safe from the 3 sides who started on a negative points tally. Chester City 21st, Wycombe Wanderers 6th.

Aldershot Town returned to The Recreation Ground to start their home league campaign against AFC Bournemouth. The home side took a 63rd minute lead through Soares, with Sappleton equalising for the Cherries in the 81st minute. Aldershot Town 7th, AFC Bournemouth 23rd.

Brentford posted their intentions with a thumping 4-0 win over Grimsby Town at Griffin Park. They cruised to a 3-0 half time lead with goals from MacDonald (27th & 45th mins) and Elder (38th min). Poole put the result beyond doubt in the 60th minute. Brentford 8th, Grimsby Town 17th.

Accrington Stanley brought Port Vale back down to earth again with a 2-0 win over the relegated side at Vale Park. Craney gave the visitors a 3rd minute lead, with Mullin securing the points with a strike in the 89th minute. Port Vale 11th, Accrington Stanley 9th.

Two of the relegated sides met at Priestfield as Gillingham hosted Luton Town. The Hatters took a big step to reducing the -30 point sanction with a 1-0 win over their hosts. Parkin scored the only goal of the game in the 3rd minute. Gillingham 14th, Luton Town 24th.

Rotherham United maintained their 100% start to the new season with a convincing 3-1 away win over Morcambe at Christie Park. Lynch and Taylor gave the visitors a 2-0 lead at half time with goals in the 8th and 40th minute. Wainwright gave the hosts a life line in the 77th minute before Lynch secured the points with his second of the game in the final few seconds. Morcambe 16th, Rotherham United 22nd.

Finally, Notts County (15th) draw 0-0 with Darlington (12th) at Meadow Lane.