Two Review - Dec 28th

Last updated : 30 December 2008 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
Wycombe Wanderers are still clear at the top of the table, inspite being held to a draw by Gillingham at Priestfield. A Lewis own goal gave the visitors a 31st minute lead with Weston saving red faces with an 84th minute equaliser. Gillingham 10th, Wycombe Wanderers 1st.

Brentford recorded their 2nd 2-0 win of the festive programme with victory over Exeter City at St James's Park. Two quick goals late on in the second half secured the win. A MacDonald penalty in the 75th minute, followed by a Wood strike 4 minutes later gave the visitors the much-needed win. Exeter City 7th, Brentford 2nd.

Bradford City recorded a comprehensive 4-0 win over Morecambe at Valley Parade. McLaren gave the Bantams a 24th minute lead, which was added to after the break with strikes from Boulding (62nd min), Law (77th min) and a penalty from Conlon (87th min) to secure the win. Bradford City 3rd, Morecambe 16th.

Aldershot Town suffered their first home defeat at the hands of Dagenham & Redbridge at The Recreation Ground. Hudson had given the home side a 16th minute lead, only to see Taiwo level in the 27th minute and Nurse grab an 87th minute winner. Aldershot Town 11th, Dagenham & Redbridge 4th.

Shrewsbury Town recorded their 9th home win of the season with a single goal victory over Bury at the New Meadow. Holt scored the only goal of the game in the 76th minute. Shrewsbury Town 5th, Bury 6th.

Rochdale missed the chance to finish the year in the play-off places, loosing 2-1 against Port Vale at Vale Park. Glover netted for Vale in the 74th minute. Le Fondre looked to have secured a share of the points with an 82nd minute penalty, only to see Thompson pop up with a 92nd minute winner. Port Vale 15th, Rochdale 9th.

Luton Town are to within a whisker of climbing back in to positive points again with a resolute win over Lincoln City at Kenilworth Road. A Martin brace in the 31st and 33rd minutes saw a response from John-Lewis in the 38th minute. Roper restored the 2-goal advantage in the 50th minute with Patulea pulling one back in the 90th minute. But it was too little too late for the Imps to salvage a point. Luton Town 24th, Lincoln City 12th.

Macclesfield eventually eased their way to a 3-1 home win over their Cheshire rivals, Chester City at Moss Rose. Brown gave the home side a 6th minute lead, which was cancelled out by Lowe in the 56th minute. A 76th minute penalty from Evans restored the Silkmen's advantage with Gritton securing the points 5 minutes from time. Macclesfield 14th, Chester City 18th.

Notts County slumped to their 5th home defeat of the season as Rotherham United romped away with a 3-0 win at Meadow Lane. Goals from Reid (5th min), Broughton (47th min) and Cummins (52nd min) was more than enough to see off the home side. Notts County 17th, Rotherham United 20th.

Accrington Stanley did little to cheer Grimsby Town at Livingstone Road, running away with a 3-1 home win. A Clarke hat trick in the 11th, 59th and 84th minutes only draw an early response when Proudlock scored what proved to be a consolation in the 14th minute. Accrington Stanley 19th, Grimsby Town 22nd.

The out going manager of Barnet, Paul Fairclough, was given something to smile about as his last game in charge saw his Bees run out comfortable 2-0 winners over hapless AFC Bournemouth at Dean Court. A brace from Adomah in the 24th and 70th minutes brought little response from the Cherries as they miss out on the chance to close the gap on themselves and safety. AFC Bournemouth 23rd, Barnet 21st.

The only other game in League Two saw Darlington (8th) draw 0-0 against Chesterfield (13th) at The Arena.