Two Review - FA Cup - Nov 7th

Last updated : 07 November 2009 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

FA Cup-EONShrewsbury Town were dumped of the FA Cup First Round by non-League opposition for the second season running. This time round Conference South side, Staines Town were the victors as they won by a single goal at the New Meadow with Chaaban writing himself in to the history books in the 21st minute.

Crewe Alexandra will be licking their wounds after they were dumped out of the FA Cup by Conference side York City at Bootham Crescent. Grant gave the Railwaymen a 33rd minute lead, with Brodie levelling 6 minutes later. Zola netted in the 41st minute to give the League Two side the lead going in at the break. it was all looking good for the visitors before Pacquette levelled with 4 minutes to go and Brodie scoring his second, and the winner, in the 88th minute.

There's not much doubt, if ever there was any, it IS going to be a long season for Grimsby Town, especially after they were dumped out of the FA Cup by Conference South Bath City AT Blundell Park. Holland scored the opening goal in the 32nd minute, with Edwards sticking the knife in deeper in the 52nd minute to set up a famous win for the Twerton Park side.

Port Vale were held by Conference side Stevenage Borough, 1-1, at Vale Park. Yates gave Vale a 42nd minute, only to see Griffin secure a replay in the 92st minute.

Having lost their 100% home record to them last month, AFC Bournemouth gained revenge over Chesterfield at Saltergate by being the first side to win at Saltergate this season. lester did give the Spirites a 3rd minute lead, only to see the returning Igoe level in the 8th minute. A Connell brace in the 28th and 76th minutes sealed the win, and a place in the second round for the Cherries.

Rochdale left it very late to salvage a replay against Conference side Luton Town at Kenilworth Road. Basham (4th & 29th mins) and Newton (21st min) gave the Hatters a 3-goal lead at half time. Dale, who hit 4 last weekend on their travels, hit back in the second period through Dawson in the 58th minute, and then 2 late goals from Thompson in the 87th and 89th minutes to claim a replay.

Dagenham & Redbridge will not be 'concentrating on the League' after a 6-1 drubbing at the hands of Huddersfield Town at the Galpharm Stadium. The rout started in the 9th minute when Williams gave Town the lead. Roberts and Novak strikes in the 21st and 24th minutes was followed by a Rhodes goal in the 44th minute. Novak completed his brace in the 56th minute, with Roberts completing his in the 72nd minute. The Daggers pulled one back through Benson in the 74th minute, but it was never going to be enough.

Notts County edged their way past Bradford City at Meadow Lane with a 2-1 win. Hawley gave County a half time in the 2nd minute of first half injury time, with Jackson doubling the advantage a minute after the restart, Boulding gave City a chance with an 81st minute strike, but it wasn't enough to salvage a replay.

Barnet, for the second time this season, beat Darlington by putting thre past the side rooted to the foot of League Two. O'Flynn netted a brace in the 18th and 66th minutes, with Hyde adding one of his own in the 47th minute. Darlo netted a consolation in the 73rd minute through Diop.

Aldershot Town eased their way through to the second round with a 2-0 win over Bury - avenging the recent League defeat. Soares (13th min) and Donnelly (33rd min) scored the goals to secure the safe passage for the Shots.

Accrington Stanley did enough to squeeze past Salisbury City at Livingtone Road with a 2-1 win. Ryan gave Stanley a 19th minute lead, with Symes doubling the advantage in the 33rd minute. Tubbs pulled one back for the Wiltshire side in the 66th minute, but it wasn't enough.

Northampton Town had to be on their toes to see off Conference North Fleetwood Town at Sixfields. Gutteridge netted a brace in the 29th and 61st minutes as Clancy had levelled for the visitors in the 41st minute.

Two giant killers from past years met at Edgar Street as Hereford United managed to see off Ryman Premier outside Sutton United. Manset gave the Bulls a 6th minute lead, with Valentine scoring a penalty in the 86th minute to secure passage to the second round.

Macclesfield were knocked out of this years competition by Franchise FC at Stadium:Franchise as Gobern scored the only goal of the game in the 25th minute.

Lincoln City were close to an upset, being pegged back at one stage by AFC Telford from Conference North. Torres gave City a 14th minute lead, only to see the non-leaguers level through Blakeman in the 49th minute. Clarke (65th min) and Brown (76th min) steered the Imps through in the end.

In one of the few local derbies in the First Round, Morecambe came back to claim a replay against their nearest and dearest, Carlisle United at Brunton Park. Harte and Pritchard had given United a 2-goal advantage with strikes in the 21st and 55th minutes. The Shrimpers hit back through Jevons (70th min) and Duffy (85th min) to earn a replay.

If this was a League match, it would have been a relegation 6-pointer at Plainmoor as Torquay United took on Cheltenham Town. Lewis may have given the visitors an 8th minute lead, but Wroe won the match for the Devon outfit with 2 penalties (in the 10th and 19th mins), completing his hat trick in the 70th minute to book a place in the next round.

The first round will be completed on Sunday as Burton Albion take on Conference South side Oxford City, and Rotherham United face an awkward trip to Ryman Premier side Wealdstone at the Vale.