Two Review - Feb 14th

Last updated : 14 February 2009 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
Brentford extended their lead at the top of League Two with a 2-0 win over Port Vale at Griffin Park. Osborne gave the Bees the lead just before half time. MacDonald secured the win with an 86th strike. Brentford 1st, Port Vale 17th.

Bradford City secured a vital win over previous leaders Wycombe Wanderers with a single goal victory at Valley Parade. Jones scored the only goal of the game in the 43rd minute. Bradford City 5th, Wycombe Wanderers 2nd.

Bury had to come from behind to secure a win over Grimsby Town at Blundell Park. Proudlock gave the home side the lead on the 31st minute. Bishop levelled for the visitors in the 55th minute, with Morrell scoring the winner 10 minutes later. Grimsby Town 21st, Bury 3rd.

Rochdale kept pace with the leaders with a single goal win over Macclesfield with Kennedy netting in the 3rd minute of added time at the end of the first half at Moss Rose. Macclesfield 16th, Rochdale 4th.

Exeter City overcame Aldershot Town at St James's Park in a 5-goal thriller. Stewart gave the Grecians a 30th minute lead. Robinson levelled for the Shots in the 55th minute with Harding giving the visitors the lead in the 60th minute. Harding then put past his own keeper in the 78th minute, leaving Saunders securing the win in the 80th minute. Exeter City 6th, Aldershot Town 14th.

Shrewsbury Town secured their 12th home of the season with a 2-1 win over Chesterfield. Jackson gave the Shrews a 19th minute lead, Boden levelled 7 minutes later, with Davies scoring the winner in the 53rd minute winner. Shrewsbury Town 7th, Chesterfield 12th.

Dagenham & Redbridge maintained their push for a play-off place with a 2-1 Luton Town at Victoria Road. A brace from Foster in the 20th & the 57th minutes, which drew a response from Henderson in the 58th minute. Dagenham & Redbridge 8th, Luton Town 24th.

Rotherham United maintained their play-off form with a 2-0 win over Gillingham at the Don Valley Stadium. Clarke gave the Millers a 25th minute, with Green securing the win in the 81st minute. Rotherham United 18th, Gillingham 10th.

Morecambe compounded the misery of Chester City at Christie Park with a 3-1 win over the troubled Cheshire side. Taylor gave the home side a 15th minute lead, which was followed by a brace from Curtis in the 32nd and 44th minutes. Wilson netted a consolation for the visitors 6 minutes after the break. Morecambe 13th, Chester City 20th.

Notts County rounded off a miserable day for the sides struggling at the bottom of League Two as they saw off Barnet with a 2-0 win at Meadow Lane. Hamshaw gave County a 43rd minute lead, which was added to by Clapham in the 62nd minute. Notts County 15th, Barnet 22nd.

AFC Bournemouth were the only side in the bottom 6 to win as they edged past Accrington Stanley at Dean Court with a 1-0 win. Pitman scored the only goal of the game in the 86th minute, this after Proctor missed a 79th minute penalty. The Cherries are now just 5 points away from safety. AFC Bournemouth 23rd, Accrington Stanley 19th.

The game between Lincoln City (11th) and Darlington (9th), at Sincil Bank, was called off 90 minutes before kick off due to a tiny part of the pitch being frozen.