Two Review - Nov 22nd

Last updated : 22 November 2008 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
Wycombe Wanderers return to the top of League Two following a 4-2 win over Port Vale at Adams Park. A 23rd minute penalty from Harrold with a Zebroski just before the half time break set the home side up nicely. A Richards penalty for Vale in the 51st minute gave Vale hope before Zebroski netted for a second time in the 65th minute. Brown reduced the deficit for Vale in the 66th minute only to see Harrold put the result beyond doubt in the 82nd minute to maintain Wycombe's unbeaten start to the season. Wycombe Wanderers 1st, Port Vale 15th.

Darlington were held to a 1-1 draw by Brentford at Griffin Park. Foran gave the visitors a 60th minute lead. Osborne equalised for the Bees in the 92nd minute of time to ensure that the points were shared. Brentford 7th, Darlington 2nd.

After a rocky spell, Rochdale returned to the automatic promotion places with a comfortable 2-0 win over Luton Town at Spotland. Thorpe gave 'Dale a 2nd minute lead with Le Fondre doubling the advantage in the 59th minute from the penalty spot. Rochdale 3rd, Luton Town 24th.

Bradford City netted two quick goals over their Yorkshire rivals, Rotherham United at the Don Valley Stadium. O'Brien (71st min) and Law (76th min) netted to ensure that the points went back to Valley Parade. Rotherham United 22nd, Bradford City 4th.

Bury appear to be back on track after a rocky spell following a convincing 4-0 win over Gillingham at Gigg Lane. Braces from Bishop (9th & 59th min) and Hurst (40th & 63rd min) was more than enough to send the Gills away with tails between their legs. Bury 6th, Gillingham 10th.

Exeter City left it late against Morcambe to claim a point at Christie Park. Howe gave Morcambe a 22nd minute lead, with Panther snatching an equaliser in the 85th minute. Morcambe 17th, Exeter City 8th.

Without a doubt the result of the day came at Victoria Road as Dagenham & Redbridge thumped Notts County 6-1. Ritchie gave the Daggers a 9th minute lead, which was followed up with goals from Strevens in the 25th minute and Benson in the 35th minute. The home side didn't let up after the break as Benson netted for a second time in the 49th minute, with Okuanghae making it 5-0 in the 56th minute. Forte pulled one back in the 86th minute, but it was too little too late as Benson completed his hat trick in the 91st minute. Dagenham & Redbridge 9th, Notts County 16th.

Aldershot Town left it late at the Deva Stadium to snatch a 1-0 away win over Chester City. Morgan scored the only goal of the game in the 83rd minute. Chester City 19th, Aldershot Town 11th.

Honours were even at Saltergate as Chesterfield draw 1-1 with Accrington Stanley. Lester gave the Spirites a 14th minute lead, with Ryan levelling in the 85th minute. Chesterfield 12th, Accrington Stanley 14th.

Barnet threw away any chance of a point against Macclesfield at Underhill as they collapsed in the final few minutes. Gritton gave the Silkmen a 15th minute lead. O'Flynn levelled in the 59th minute. Everything looked set up for a point-a-piece until Green & Brown netted in the 87th and 89th minutes to take the points back up the M6. Barnet 20th, Macclesfield 18th.

Grimsby Town hosted AFC Bournemouth at Blundell Park on Friday evening, sharing 6-goals in the process. Bradbury had given the Cherries a 6th minute lead. All was looking good for the south coast side to get back to zero points until Clarke & Bennett scored two goals in the 42nd and 44th minutes. It looked grim for the Cherries as Atkinson netted in the 61st minute. Anderton pulled one back in the 79th minute, but any thoughts of a comeback seemed to go when Guyett was shown a red card in the 83rd minute. However, Bradbury had other ideas when he popped up to level for an improbable 3-3 draw in the last minute of the game. Grimsby Town 21st, AFC Bournemouth 23rd.

The only other game in League Two saw Lincoln City (13th) draw 0-0 with Shrewsbury Town (5th) and Sincil Bank.