Two Review - Nov 28th

Last updated : 28 November 2009 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator

FACup_cornerlogo1Starting with the FA Cup Second Round, Notts County made the trip to soggy Dean Court to face AFC Bournemouth, coming away with a 2-1 win. Pitman gave the Cherries a 37th minute lead, only to see Hughes level in the 50th minute and Westcarr scoring the winner in the 59th minute to secure a place in the Third Round.

Rotherham United live to fight another day, having to hold on to a 2-2 draw against Conference side Luton Town at The Don Valley Stadium. Craddock gave the Hatters a 21st minute lead from the penalty spot, with Le Fondre levelling deep in to first half stoppage time. Brogan gave the Millers a 62nd minute lead, with Nwokeji earning the non-Leaguers a replay in the 74th minute.

Aldershot Town earned themselves a replay at Prenton Park by holding Tranmere Rovers to a 0-0 draw.

Barnet and Accrington Stanley must replay their Second Round match, having battled their way through a 2-2 draw at Livingstone Road. Grant gave Stanley a 29th minute lead, with Yakubu levelling 2 minutes after the break. The home sides' advantage was restored in the 50th minute through Symes. Just when the home side were set of a place in the Third Round, O'Flynn popped up with a 95th minute equaliser.

Burton Albion travelled to Priestfield to face Gillingham, where Weston scored the only goal of the game in the 59th minute.

Port Vale slipped at home to high flying League One side Huddersfield Town at Vale Park. Clarke scored the only goal of the game in the 12th minute.

Hereford United held out til the 94th minute against Colchester United at Edgar Street when O'Toole popped up with a late winner.

Northampton Town were close to earning themselves a replay against League One Southampton at Sixfields. Papa Waigo (41st min), Lallana (43rd min) and Hammond (59th min) gave the Saints a 3-goal lead before Hammond put past his own keeper in the 68th minute leaving Gilligan to pull one back in the 94th minute. But it was too little too late to secure a replay.

Lincoln City earned themselves a place in the Third Round of the FA Cup with a 3-1 away win over Northwich Victoria. Fagan gave the Imps an 18th minute lead, Bailey equalised for the Conference North side in the 47th minute, but that was as good as it got for the non Leaguers. A Clarke brace in the 49th and 64th minutes killed off their dreams of a lucrative place against a Premiership side.

FL LogoIn League Two, the only game to be played saw Macclesfield (19th) draw 0-0 against Grimsby Town (23rd) at Moss Rose.