Two Review - Oct 4th

Last updated : 05 October 2008 By Bournemouth Co-Ordinator
Wycombe Wanderers are the new leaders of League Two as they saw off AFC Bournemouth at Adams Park. The Chairboys took a 40th minute lead through Harrold. Hollands equalised for the Cherries in the 57th minute, but it was not to be for the visitors as Zebroski restored the home sides' lead in the 60th minute, with Barker completing the victory in the 84th minute. Wycombe Wanderers 1st, AFC Bournemouth 23rd.

Bury somehow managed to throw away a 3-0 lead against Aldershot Town at the Recreation ground, drawing 3-3! A brace from Bishop in the 24th and 57th minutes, with Scott scoring in the 30th minute gave the visitors a 3-0 lead. Town then came back at them as Elvins pulled one back in the 69th minute, Davies scoring from the penalty spot in the 77th minute, with Hylton completing the comeback just 2 minutes later. Aldershot Town 8th, Bury 2nd.

Shrewsbury Town had to come from behind against Darlington at The Arena. White gave Darlo a 55th minute lead, with Thornton levelling to salvage a point in the 77th minute. Darlington 10th, Shrewsbury Town 3rd.

Brentford secured a single goal victory over Macclesfield at Griffin Park. MacDonald scored the only goal of the game in the 15th minute to secure all 3-points. Brentford 4th, Macclesfield 16th.

Dagenham & Redbridge maintained their good early season form with a 2-0 win over Rochdale at Spotland. Benson gave the Daggers a 31st minute lead, with Ritchie extending the advantage in the 68th minute. Rochdale 12th, Dagenham & Redbridge 5th.

Bradford City could not overcome Luton Town at Valley Parade, drawing 1-1. Conlon gave City a 79th minute lead, but the sides had to share the points as Spillane levelled for the visitors in the 86th minute. Bradford City 6th, Luton Town 24th.

Exeter City continue their good start to the season with a convincing 3-0 home win over Gillingham at St James's Park. Logan gave City a 7th minute lead, which was followed before the break with a Stansfield brace in the 39th and 43rd minutes. Exeter City 7th, Gillingham 9th.

Now they have found their winning touch, after a succession of draws, Notts County have done it again with their 2nd win of the season - this time coming at the expense of Port Vale at Vale Park. Forrester gave County a 6th minute lead. Rodgers levelled for Vale in the 48th minute, but it wasn't enough as Weston scored the winner in the 66th minute. Port Vale 19th, Notts County 11th.

Chesterfield probably thought that they had done enough to secure victory over Morcambe at Christie Park. Drummond had given the home side a 6th minute lead, but saw the Spirites come back through Robertson (16th min) and Ward (21st min pen). The points were shared when Howe levelled in the 85th minute. Morcambe 17th, Chesterfield 13th.

Lincoln City claimed their away win of the campaign at Chester City with a 2-0 win at the Deva Stadium. Kovacs scored in first half injury time, with Patulea extending the lead in the 57th minute. Chester City 15th, Lincoln City 14th.

Barnet scored a key win over fellow strugglers, Accrington Stanley at Underhill with a 2-1 win. O'Flynn gave the home side a 1st minute lead, with Murdock levelling on the stroke of half time. Yakubu scored the winner for the Bees in the 75th minute. Barnet 20th, Accrington Stanley 18th.

Of the three teams who started with a negative points tally, Rotherham United are the first to be back in credit again following a crucial 4-1 drubbing of Grimsby Town at the Don Valley Stadium. Boshell had given the visitors a 29th minute lead, but it was not enough as the home side stormed back after the break. Reid got the teams on level terms in the 49th minute, which was followed by strikes from Hudson (57 mins), Cummins (69 mins) and Barker (80 mins). The result leaves Rotherham just two points off Grimsby at the foot of the table. Rotherham United 22nd, Grimsby Town 21st.