March 15 AFC Bournemouth 2-0 Yeovil Town Att: 4145

Last updated : 29 March 2008 By Steve Hunt
Only after a few minutes a very late challenge by Marcus Stewart on Cummings saw him limping around for a good five minutes after, Stewart did do another very poor challenge later in the game.

A few minutes later a Cooper through ball forced Flinders into action by smothering the ball as Kuffour broke free. Cherries were the far better team, and did break the dead lock on 9 mins, when Hollands found Gradel on the right who broke free and had a shot that was blocked and the ball found Hollands just inside the box, to fire the ball low into Flinders left hand upright.
Vokes went close a few minutes later when he shot from the left side of the box to see his saved. Guyett headed wide a free kick after 19 mins, then later Church should have scored when a woods cross was hit on the volley but luckly it went over the bar. Yeovil had the better for a while, but then a shout for a penaulty when Kuffour seemed to be pushed in the back by a Yeovil defender but we would have been lucky to have been given it.

A Woods shot went wide of the post on 30 mins, then Kuffour found Gradel but his shot was pushed round the post for a corner. Then on 32 mins a Pittman cross from the left was met by the head of Vokes amoung a group of Yeovil defenders to make it 2-0.

A Woods corner a few mins later had Forde all at sea and luckly saw the ball fly all the way across his six yard box and going out for a goal kick. That was the end of the action for that half h/t 2-0.

Second half start with no real action till around 50 mins mark, when a poor Forde clearance (not his first poor clearance) was luckly picked up by Hollands, who fed Kuffour and his pass released Pittman on the left, who could only fire high and wide.

Gradel should then have done better after beating the Yeovil left back with ease, but put in his cross to far in front of the players in the box. On 56 mins Vokes was unlucky not to make the best of a mix up between keeper and defender near the edge of the Yeovil area.

Pitman was put through by Kuffour saw his shot well saved by Flinders. Pitman again was involved when he shot well wide instead of crossing to Vokes and Kuffour inside the six yard box.

Then on 78 mins Yeovil had there first shot on goal, when sub Owusu saw this header easily pushed over the bar by Forde, and from the resulting corner Forde clawed a Christophe header away to safety.

Again Pitman saw his shot saved well by Flinders who pushed it around the post. by this time the rain that had been there most of the day was getting heavier. Vokes near the end should have done better but his shot went well over from the edge of the box.

That's how it finished 2-0.

All round not a bad performance, but it was a very poor Yeovil team who did not have a real shot on goal till the 78 minute.

Man Of The Match
There where a few players that had good games, Hollands had a good game in the middle, Vokes did real well up front, Kuffour had one of his better games. But the shout has to go to Jason Pearce he is now showing why he should start every game now at the centre of defence, he organised the back four so well, which we have not had a true leader like that for some time, he won every header he went for and tackled well. The answer to my question was no only a few minutes at the end for McQuoid.

AFCB: Forde, Cummings, Gowling, Cooper, J Pearce, Gradel, Bartley, Hollands, Pitman, Vokes, Kuffour
Subs: Pryce, Finlay, Partington, Franks, McQuoid (on for Kuffour, 90 mins)
Steve Hunt, Shaftesbury