Nov 1 AFC Bournemouth 3-2 Brighton & Hove Albion Att: 10166

Last updated : 04 November 2014 By Andy Burton

If anyone thought that the Cherries would have it all their own way after a stunning week in the Clubs history, then think again as Brighton came at us, clearly having done their homework!!

Whether it was the increasingly blustery conditions, or the poor range of passing, the early stages of the gvame neither really got going. That said Brighton did come out of the blocks showing more determination as they set about trying to cause an upset. Thankfully their range of passing was just as poor as ours!

The first meaning shot on target came just after the quarter hour mark when Matt Ritchie cut in from the right side to force a save at his near post from loanee keeper Al-Habsi.

It was about this time that it was becoming clear that the Cherries were beginning to get on top, evidence when a Francis shot was spectacularly blocked in the 23rd minute - an effort that was goal bound. From the resulting corner the ball broke back to Francis on the right wing, whose pin point cross managed to find the head of Greer who kindly headed past his own keeper in the 25th minute.

Could we hold on to the lead? Sadly not as the Seagulls broke with purpose in the 28th minute with a defence splitting pass from Teixeira finding Colunga in acres of space to fire home. Game on!

Order was restored before the break when a corner for the Cherries broke Marc Pugh, whose volley wasever so-slightly deflected to put the Cherries back in front in the 38th minute.

The second period certainly livened up a bit as the Seagulls came in search of an equaliser, while the Cherries went in search of a third. As it happened, Brighton managed to level just before the hour mark as a long punt from Al-Habsi was flicked on for Baldock to latch on to fire past Boruc.

The final say went to the Cherries as Wilson broke in to the box only to be brought down by Dunk who then saw Kermorgant convert the resulting penalty, which also proved to winner.

The win lifts the Cherries in to the automartic promotion places with a trip to Sheffield Wednesday to come mid week.

Man Of The MatchAs for my man of the match, I'm going to award that to Harry Arter who ran and ran this evening.

AFCB: Boruc, Francis, Cook, Elphick, Daniels, Ritchie, Surman, Arter, Pugh, Pitman, Wilson
Subs: Camp, Harte, Smith, Rantie, Fraser (for Ritchie, 63 mins), Kermorgant (for Pitman, 63 mins), Gosling (for Wilson, 94 mins)

Andy Burton, Brixton