Nov 22 AFC Bournemouth 2-2 Ipswich Town Att: 11115

Last updated : 24 November 2014 By Andy Burton

The game couldn't have started any better for the Cherries when a determined run from Francis down the right flank, whose pin point cross found Kermorgant whose overhead-cum-scissors kick put the Cherries ahead after just 110 seconds!! That after Matt Ritchie had hit the woodwork after 90 seconds. We'd just probably witnessed one of the goals of the season from a Cherries perspective.

How the Cherries failed to extend their lead is beyond me as Ritchie got the ball stuck between his feet moments later, when it seemed easier to shoot and then a combination of Surman, Pugh and Ritchie all had shots blocked in a short passage of play.

Ipswich tried to get back in to the game, but they were unable to get past the likes of Elphick and Cook who were standing strong at the back. On the rare occassion when they did manage to circumvent the back 4, they found Boruc in excellent form who managed to palm the ball over over his cross bar and to safety.

A second Cherries goal seemed likely, but wasn't forth coming, even though the Tractorboys were conceeding corners and possession cheaply in the final third of the pitch.

We had to wait until after the restart for more goals. The first coming from Ipswich Town when Bishop neatly diverted a low Mings cross from the Town left past Boruc and in to the bottom right corner of the Cherries goal for the equaliser. This coming in the 50th minute.

Parity didn't last too long as a determined run from Wilson saw the ball cut back to Ritchie who managed to slot the ball home with the Town defence falling like 10-pin bowling balls as they fell all over the place to prevent a shooting opportunity.

Wilson had to be withdrawn from play (touch of cramp?) with the in form Rantie introduced. Within two minutes of his introduction, Rantie was hauled to the floor, inside of the penalty area. Stone wall penalty surely? Not according to the referee!! WIth Rantie on the floor, a lengthy spell of treatment was required, which eventually saw Rantie replaced by Pitman.

A needness free kick was adjudged to have been conceeded by Francis, which was taken by Anderson, who managed to find Murphy who headed home in to a part of the goal which no keeper would ever get a hand to it!

Nearly 14 minutes of added time failed to generate too many clear cut opportunities which came close to hitting the target.

In the end it was a decent draw between two sides who will be there, of there abouts come the end of the season.

Man Of The MatchMy man of the match ....... I'll nominate Yann Kermorgant purely for his acrobatics to bag a spectacular opener.

AFCB: Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, Surman, Arter, Pugh, Kermorgant, Wilson,
Subs: Camp, Gosling, Smith, Stanislas, Fraser, Rantie (for Wilson, 62 mins), Pitman (for Rantie, 71 mins)

Andy Burton, Portsmouth