Oct 14 AFC Bournemouth 1-4 Swansea City Att: 5843

Last updated : 14 October 2007 By Andy Burton
Quite simply, we are not good enough on our own patch!

The Cherries lacked shape, ideas, cohesion and any notion of what to do! On the otherhand, Swansea City were more workman like and looked like a squad of players who did know what they were about. Having said that though, our friends from south Wales were nothing spectacular to watch.

The afternoon was best summed up in the opening few minutes when the ball seemed to get caught between Anderton's feet, the resulting shot when it came was scuffed and far too easy for the visiting keeper to deal with.

Swansea City were awarded a free kick on the quarter hour, which was neatly dispatched by Bodde in to the top left hand corner of Moss's goal. He stood not chance of being able to reach it.

Worse was to come just 13 minutes later when a cross from the left saw Lawrence rise first to the ball to head home at the near post. Where was the defending?

Lee Bradbury pulled a goal back after Danny Hollands was brought down in the area. The penalty was cooly converted to reduce the arrears in the 31st minute.

The rest of the first half was fairly nothing to be honest! Rangel was booked after Bradbury clearly held him back, with a free kick awarded. But the way he laid prostrate on the ground, motionless, gave the impression that Bradbury had decked him a treat and was practically dead. The ref waived him to his feet, which he did and promptly booked him as he ran away clearly none the worse for the experience!

The second half was fairly nothing too to be honest. The play and possession was fairly even, but for Bournemouth, the long ball DOES NOT WORK (hasn't Bond realised this yet?), where as for Swansea they looked more like a unit. When we did pass the ball to feet, we did carve Swansea open, especially so when the ball was neatly threaded through to Hollands, who couldn't get a meaningful shot away. Sadly, his effort was no test for the keeper.

For those who dislike Warren Feeney, he was booed almost everytime he got the ball, but had the last laugh when he netted twice in the closing stages of the match. The first came from the penalty spot (83rd minute) when Marc Wilson was adjudged to have handled in the area, and the just 5 minutes later he was fed through to slot the ball home past Moss. It looked far too easy.

If we carry on like this, then there is only one outcome to the season, and that will be relegation to League Two.

As for a man of the match ...... forget it! Not deserved to any of the players sporting a Bournemouth shirt this afternoon!

AFCB: Moss, Cooper, Pearce, Wilson, Telfer, Anderton, Hollands, Lallana, Vokes, Kuffour, Bradbury
Subs: Stewart, Perrett, Newman, Pitman, Gowling (for Kuffour, 73 mins)
Andy Burton, Portsmouth